Users Request Survey
March 1999, We asked to Users Group Mailing list members about the
request to Cobalt.
The result, so much people want an ermergency boot method and
the method to initialize and back to the factory setup.
It is over bind and sendmail security fix.
This time, Mr. Yamada (email@example.com) made a pretty
Web-Form interface. (In Japanease, already closed)
Thanks a lot!
We made a following list and answerer can select 3 high priority things.
- bind security fix
- sendmail security fix
- ftpd security fix
- apache version up
- SSL management
- SSH accessibility
- perl version up
- Websearch by Japanese
- I want squid
- SCSI for 2700
- UPS support
- emergency boot method
- reset to factory setup
- RAID extension
- more detail manual
- correct wrong Japanese menu
- more mentenance service else send back
We got 23 replys.
End User without Unix experience 6
End User with Unix experience 10
- The top priority item is emergensy boot method.
The feature that reset to the factory initial setup is also important.
I wonder that end users were selected this not only developers.
- bind and sendmail security fix up is also important.
- The priority is not so high but so many people want UPS.
- Counts of proority answer
- Comment list from answerer
- Answer raw data of priority parts
This page is administrated by
Cobalt Users Group. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All rights are reserved.